Looking beautiful and presentable is every person’s desire. A bright smile is considered to boost your self-esteem and make a good impression in today’s image-conscious world. This is possible when your lips, teeth, and jaws align together in a pleasant manner. Cosmetic dentistry is a subfield that focuses on how your smile feels and looks.
cosmetic dentistry Waterford specialists provide exceptional cosmetic dentistry procedures to completely transform your smile.
Cosmetic Dentistry- Overview
Cosmetic dentistry is the branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of your smile. The main aim of undergoing cosmetic dentistry is to maintain proper health, function, and appearance for a lifetime.
It is an elective procedure that helps to eliminate stains, discolored patches, chipped and even misaligned teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry uses innovative techniques and advanced dental technologies to improve the appearance of:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Missing teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Receding gums
- Teeth are worn out due to grinding
- Large gaps in teeth
Common treatments involved in cosmetic dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can effectively alter the shape, size, and color of your teeth using several innovative procedures, such as:
- Teeth whitening
- This uses hydrogen peroxide and an LED light to brighten your teeth.
- Dental crowns
- These are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over fractured teeth to restore their shape, size, and color.
- They protect weakened teeth from further damage.
- Dental bonding
- This uses tooth-colored composite resin material that repairs cracks, and small breaks in your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers
- Veneers are thin shells made up of porcelain that bond to the surface of your teeth to alter their shape, size, and color.
- These are similar to veneers but they are thinner and more translucent, and require less tooth preparation.
- Inlays and Onlays
- These restore damaged or infected teeth like dental fillings.
- These are artificial teeth attached to an acrylic pink base.
- They can restore all or some of the teeth in your mouth.
- Snap-on smile
- Snap-on-smile is an effective solution to improve your smile.
- A whole removable arch is created to restore your smile.
- Dental implants
- These are small titanium posts that replace your tooth roots and hold the replaced teeth securely to restore the feel, function, and form of teeth.
- Gum contouring
- When you have a gummy smile your dentist will excise excess gum tissue and reshape your gum line for a more balanced look.
- Smile makeover
- A smile makeover is a procedure that uses two or more cosmetic treatments to enhance the appearance of your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving your smile and appearance, along with restoring your tooth structure and function. Your dentist can design a treatment plan that works best for you.